Sunday, April 26, 2009

CHAOTIC MESS - Automatic Magazine Interview

This interview came from an AUTOMATIC SKATE MAGAZINE issue in 2005. The interview is done by non other than Badger from Caustic Uproar!

The Punk scene is a fucking Mess!
I have a hard time understanding what Punk Rock is nowadays, and I'm too full of pride to accept any band as a punk band just because they"meet the criteria" (i.e. distorted guitars and studded belts etc.) I'm just an old fucker who still believes Punk is a way of life. When I find a band that fits what my interpretation of Punk Rock is, I get amped and want to shove it into everyone's face. Chaotic Mess is one of those bands. Their music is spawned from "The Life". You can break shit to it, it makes people nervous, and will probably help you skate better. Oh, and don't let the name fool you, they kill it. The last gig I saw them play had punx pulling their teeth out, vomiting, and the pussies running for cover. Perfect. Some label them as a skate band, if so, they hold their own to any of my favorites. Fuck what I think though, I asked them ugly fucks a few questions. - Badger


For the uninformed, how would you describe Chaotic Mess?
A band that doesn't give a fuck about anything, we do what we
want. We're here to destroy your scene!
What are some of influences?
GG, D.R.I., David Allen Coe, any thrash, Nardcore, any old skate punk.
What's your idea of a perfect gig?
Free beer, money, people destroying shit and thrashing.
If you could make anyone or anything eat dog cock, who
or what would it be?
Everybody.
Last Words?
Fueled by hate, the skate, sluts, drugs, beer and thrash. Viva La Box Crew!
How do the sick get music and info?
myspace.com/chaoticmess or wastoids.com

[picture from personal collection]
WASTOIDS.COM is no longer...it was a site that shared DIRTBAG and CHAOTIC MESS at one point. But will be back up this summer

No comments: